Project 3: Science “Pumpkin Life Cycle”
Updated: Nov 9, 2022
This project is an animation of the pumpkin life cycle. First, all the stages of the pumpkin life cycle will display on the screen one by one. For this use a switch costume block. In one sprite different costumes are given. After that, on the second screen, each stage of the pumpkin will display one by one. There is a text to speech explains each stage
You should be familiar with coding blocks, backdrops, and sprites
1. Add/change new backdrops
2. Add/change new sprites
3. Familiar with looks blocks, Text to speech blocks, Events blocks, and control blocks
Step 1: Imagine the project
This is only a sample. You can imagine a different way for the same project. The sky is the limit to your imagination.
Step 2: Design the project
For this project, we are going to use two backdrops as well as a few sprites and code blocks.
1. Decide the backdrops you want to have it. In our case, we have 2 backdrops
2. Decide the sprites you want to have it. In our case 11 sprites
3. Decide what approaches you want to do it. In our case displaying sprites, one after the other comes along with text-to-speech and say block.
4. How you control the screen changes. In our case, we are using a broadcasting event.
5. Decide what blocks you want to use. In our case Looks blocks, text-to-speech blocks, control blocks, event blocks
Step 3: Prepare coding cards
For this please refer to the scratch site - https://scratch.mit.edu/ideas to get an idea.
Step 4: Start to develop the code
Step 4.1: Go to https://scratch.mit.edu and sign in with your username and password.
Step 4.2: Click on create and go to the scratch editor
Step 4.3: Give the name of the project
Step 4.4: Select a backdrop called “Blue sky 2”
Step 4.5 Upload a backdrop from your device which has pumpkin related picture
Step 4.6 Upload a sprite pumpkin and add costumes to that as shown below
Step 4.7: Write the below code for the above pumpkin sprite which has 5 costumes
Here you are changing costumes to make an animation