Updated: Nov 9, 2022
This project display pages of drawings. In the first screen heading and the click here button is given. Once the user clicks on the click here button second page will display. There is a mosaic effect given to each page. After the second page, 3rd and 4th page will display. Until the user stops, pages 2 to 4 will repeat.
You should be familiar with coding blocks, backdrops, and sprites
1. Add/change new backdrops
2. Add/change new sprites
3. Familiar with looks blocks, Events blocks, and Control blocks.
Step 1: Imagine the project
This is only a sample. You can imagine different ways for the same project. The sky is the limit to your imagination.
Step 2: Design the project
For this animation project, we are going to use backdrops, sprites, and code blocks.
1. Decide the backdrops you want to have it. In our case, we have 4 backdrops
2. Decide the sprites you want to have it. In our case, 2 sprites
3. Decide what are the main animations you want to do it. In our case changing backdrops, changing color effects for sprites, and applying the mosaic effect
4. How you control the screen changes. In our case, we are using internal broadcast to control.
5. Decide what blocks you want to use. In our case Looks blocks, Events blocks, control blocks
Step 3: Prepare coding cards
For this please refer to the scratch site - https://scratch.mit.edu/ideas to get an idea.
Step 4: Start to develop the code
Step 4.1: Go to https://scratch.mit.edu and sign in with your username and password.
Step 4.2: Click on create and go to the scratch editor
Step 4.3: Give the name of the project
Step 4.4: By default, the cat is the sprite. Select that and delete it.
Step 4.5: Add a backdrop using choose a backdrop and customize.
Step 4.6: Add a new backdrop using paint and draw the picture you want
Step 4.7: Repeat step 4.6 a few times (Depending on how many pictures you want to draw)
Step 4.8: Add the below code for the backdrop
Step 4.9: Add new sprite using paint
Step 4.10: Add the below code to the above sprite
Step 4.11: Add a new sprite using paint
Step 4.12: Add the below code to the above sprite
You can remix this project and make your own.