Project 1: English Language “Elephant circus story”
Updated: Nov 9, 2022
This project is an animation story. There are three elephants and one ringmaster. The first screen Introduces the story. The second screen shows an elephant circus. On the third screen, there is a conversation between the ringmaster and another visitor. The forth screen moral of the story.
You should be familiar with coding blocks, backdrops, and sprites
1. Add/change new backdrops
2. Add/change new sprites
3. Familiar with looks blocks, event blocks, and control blocks
Step 1: Imagine the project
This is only a sample. You can imagine a different way for the same story. The sky is the limit to your imagination.
Step 2: Design the project
For stories, you can use storyboards to design.
For this story, we are going to use backdrops as well as sprites and code blocks.
1. Decide the backdrops you want to have it. In our case, we have 4 backdrops
2. Decide the sprites you want to have it. In our case 5 sprites
3. Decide what are the main animations you want to do it. In our case changing costumes for elephants and changing backdrops for each scene
4. How you control the screen changes. In our case, we are using the waiting time to control.
5. Decide what blocks you want to use. In our case Looks blocks and control blocks
Step 3: Prepare coding cards
For this please refer to the scratch site - https://scratch.mit.edu/ideas to get an idea.
Step 4: Start to develop the code
Step 4.1: Go to https://scratch.mit.edu and sign in with your username and password.
Step 4.2: Click on create and go to the scratch editor
Step 4.3: Give the name of the project
Step 4.4: By default, the cat is the sprite. Select that and delete it.
Step 4.4: By default, white color is the backdrop, add a new backdrop spotlight and then delete the default one.