Project 9: Music “Musical Instruments”
Updated: Nov 9, 2022
This is a music project with different instruments for same notes. In this project 5 instruments are used. They are Electric guitar, Piano, Organ, Saxophone, and Flute. When user click on each instrument it will play the song “Row Row Row your Boat”. It’s a simple and easy project. Same code you have to copy and paste for each instrument.
You should be familiar with coding blocks, backdrops, and sprites
1. Add/change new backdrops
2. Add/change new sprites
3. Familiar with Events blocks, Control blocks, and Music blocks.
Step 1: Imagine the project
This is only a sample. You can imagine different ways for the same project. The sky is the limit to your imagination.
Step 2: Design the project
For this game project, we are going to use backdrops, sprites, and code blocks.
1. Decide the backdrops you want to have it. In our case, we have 1 backdrop.
2. Decide the sprites you want to have it. In our case 5 sprites.
3. Decide what are the musical instruments and songs. In our case, 5 instruments and the song is Row Row Row your boat
4. Decide what blocks you want to use. In our case Events blocks, Control blocks, and Music blocks.
Step 3: Prepare coding cards
For this please refer to the scratch site - https://scratch.mit.edu/ideas to get an idea.
Step 4: Start to develop the code
Step 4.1: Go to https://scratch.mit.edu and sign in with your username and password.
Step 4.2: Click on create and go to the scratch editor
Step 4.3: Give the name of the project
Step 4.4: By default, the cat is the sprite. Select that and delete it.
Step 4.5: Add a new backdrop and delete the default blank backdrop. Select the backdrop named “XY grid”. It's easy to arrange the Musical instruments in a line.
Step 4.6: Add the below code to the above backdrop. This is to give a continuous beat.
Step 4.7: Add a new sprite named “Button 1” and customize it with the instrument name.